Education and Experience
Growing up watching his father practice, Dr. Paul Trotter knew this was a career he wanted to pursue. Dr. Paul earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Furman University where he was a member of the varsity men’s golf team. He earned a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree from the Medical College of Georgia followed by a certificate in Advanced General Dentistry from the University of Mississippi. Dr. Paul completed his education by earning his specialized orthodontic certification from The Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University (formerly MCG).
Dr. Paul is honored to work with his father providing excellent orthodontic care to their patients. Paul continues to hone his skills with 40-50 hours of study a year around the latest in orthodontic procedures and patient care. Like his father, he is certified by the American Board of Orthodontics, making the Trotters the only pair of ABO certified Orthodontists in the same practice in our area.
Honors and Awards
- Attended the American Association of Orthodontists Young Leaders Conference and completed leadership programs through the Georgia Dental Association and the Southern Association of Orthodontists
- In 2018, Awarded Augusta University’s Outstanding Young Alumni Award
- Serves on the boards of Queensborough National Bank & Trust, Augusta Country Club, the Dental College of Georgia Alumni Society and the Vestry of the Church of the Good Shepherd
- Served as President of the MCG chapter of the American Student Dental Association
- Served as President of the Augusta Dental Society
- Served as President of the Eastern District Dental Society of the Georgia Dental Association
- Served as President of the Georgia Orthodontists Foundation
Outside the Office
Married in 2009 to his college sweetheart, Liz, Paul is an accomplished golfer having competed in local, regional, and national tournaments from grade school through his college years. He is also an avid baseball and football fan, closely following the Atlanta Braves, Georgia Bulldogs, and Atlanta Falcons. Paul and Liz have two children, Jackson and Annie.